Show 1 sample image
Available for sale by
Show Store Details
orAdd to wish list to buy later
The music featured in this folio, part of a continuing series of books covering the music of the legendary trumpet player/composer, consists of original Davis compositions from three different periods. Miles was signed to the Prestige label in the '50s, and many of the recordings he made for that label were recorded after Miles had already signed a contract with Columbia Records. There were a number of marathon sessions made to finish out the Prestige agreement. Most of the resulting recordings are regarded as classics today, and such tunes as 'Green Haze' and 'Tune Up' are favorites among jazz musicians young and old. Davis' Columbia recordings of 1958-59 are prized for the excellence of the material, the solos of Cannonball Adderley, John Coltrane, Wynton Kelly and Bill Evans, and the beauty of the recording quality. Kind of Blue included such gems as 'Blue in Green', 'So What' and 'Freddie Freeloader'. Not only is Kind of Blue one of the best-selling albums of all time, it kick-started the new jazz shich stressed modes and scales rather than chords. Miles led another legendary quartet in the early '60s with Wayne Shorter, Herbie Hancock, Ron Carter and Tony Williams. 'Circle' and 'Agitation' became part of the group's active repertoire. The level of soling was consistently excellent, and the quartet's appearances at clubs and concert halls were usually sold out.
Song(s) in this release:
- Agitation (Complete Live At The Plugged Nickel)
- All Blues (Complete Live At The Plugged Nickel)
- Bithces Brew (Bitches Brew)
- Country Son (Miles In The Sky)
- Eighty One (E.S.P.)
- Filles De Kilimanjaro (Filles De Kilimajaro)
- Four (Complete Live At The Plugged Nickel)
- Miles (Complete Live At The Plugged Nickel)
- Miles Runs The Voodoo Down (Bitches Brew)
- No Blues (Someday My Prince Will Come)
- Petits Machins (Filles De Kilimanjaro)
- Seven Steps To Heaven (Seven Steps To Heaven)
- So What (Complete Live At The Plugged Nickel)
- Spanish Key (Bitches Brew)
This sheet music has not received any reviews yet, you can be the first one to write one!
Established in 1995, Musicroom.com is part of the Music Sales Group, a long-established international organisation specialising in the publication and distribution of printed music. Shipping to over 300,000 customers in over 100 countries worldwide, Music Room is one of the world's largest online retailer of sheet music, tutor methods, instructional DVDs & videos, music software and instruments & accessories.
This store has not received any reviews yet, you can be the first one to write one!