Show 1 sample image
Mary King: Singing In English - Medium/Low Voice (The Boosey Voice Coach)
Share with your friends
Available for sale by
Show Store Details
orAdd to wish list to buy later
The Boosey Voice Coach is an entirely new concept in vocal training. Not a self-teaching manual, and not filled with off-putting diagrams, this series is a wholly practical guide to singing - learning about technique and interpretation through the repertoire itself. Each volume is devoted to singing in one particular language. In each volume of the series, works from the vocal canon have been selected specifically by Mary King for their technical and musical challenges. Each piece is discussed at length, starting with the words ('Text' - including a literal translation as appropriate), moving to general advice about how the song might be approached ('Notes'), and then addressing the technical difficulties the music presents ('Skills'). Expressed in clear language, Mary King's approach is direct, practical and not limited to one particular teaching method. Any student will find that these books enrich and complement their vocal studies.Singing in English: Even for native speakers, the English language presents singers with particular difficulties. How do you manage diphthongs, for example? How do you make consonants clear without spoiling the vocal line? How do you make sense of the story-telling in a strophic folksong? These issues and more are covered in this book, which contains songs with texts in the English language, from Britain and elsewhere.
Song(s) in this release:
- Fear No More The Heat O' The Sun [Finzi, Gerald]
- Heart, We Will Forget Him [Copland, Aaron]
- Man Is For The Woman Made [Purcell, Henry]
- Music For A While [Purcell, Henry]
- My Mother Bids Me Bind My Hair [Haydn, Franz Joseph]
- O Sleep, Why Dost Thou Leave Me [Handel, George Frideric]
- Oliver Cromwell [Traditional]
- Orchids [Rorem, Ned]
- Rollicum Rorum [Finzi, Gerald]
- Sweeter Than Roses [Purcell, Henry]
- The Bayly Berith The Bell Away [Warlock, Peter]
- The Countryman [Warlock, Peter]
- The Mermaid's Song [Haydn, Franz Joseph]
- The Salley Gardens [Traditional]
- The Serpent [Rorem, Ned]
- The Spirit's Song [Haydn, Franz Joseph]
- The Trees They Grow So High [Traditional]
- There Is A Lady Sweet And Kind [Warlock, Peter]
- Where'er you walk [Handel, George Frideric]
- Why Do They Shut Me Out Of Heaven? [Copland]
This sheet music has not received any reviews yet, you can be the first one to write one!
Established in 1995, Musicroom.com is part of the Music Sales Group, a long-established international organisation specialising in the publication and distribution of printed music. Shipping to over 300,000 customers in over 100 countries worldwide, Music Room is one of the world's largest online retailer of sheet music, tutor methods, instructional DVDs & videos, music software and instruments & accessories.
This store has not received any reviews yet, you can be the first one to write one!